President Salome Zourabichvili had a working lunch with members of the Georgian-Japanese Friendship Group of the House of Representatives of Japan as part of her visit to Japan.
The President was thanked for her visit and for her attendance at the enthronement ceremony of Emperor Naruhito.
During the meeting, the sides discussed the partnership issues between Georgia and Japan in politics, economics, culture, and sports, along with the current situation in Georgia’s occupied territories.
The members of the Friendship Group stated that despite the current global challenges, the international community should not forget the ongoing situation in Georgia and in its occupied territories.
President Zourabichvili invited the House of Representatives’ Friendship Group to visit Georgia.
In attendance of the meeting were:
· Ichiro Aisawa, Chairman of the Georgian-Japanese Friendship Group of the House of Representatives of Japan;
· Yasutoshi Nishimura, Secretary-General of the Group;
· Midori Matsushima, member of the Group;
· Mikito Tomiyama, Director of the European, Central Asia, and Caucasus Affairs Division at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan;
· Toshinobu Obata, President of the Toyota Stadium.