As part of coronavirus (COVID-19) preventive measures, the Government of Georgia made a decision to impose restrictions on the entry of foreign nationals. The restrictions will become effective from 18 March 2020, 00:00 and will remain in force for two weeks.
The restrictions will apply to any foreign national except:
- Representatives of diplomatic missions and international organizations accredited to Georgia and their family members;
- Mixed families where one of the spouses or their under-age child is a citizen of Georgia;
- Persons arriving in Georgia as part of humanitarian mission – if trip of such mission (doctors, volunteers) to Georgia becomes a necessity;
- Individuals who have been granted the status of stateless person by respective authorities of Georgia.
- Individuals holding status-neutral travel documents;
- Individuals having a refugee status in Georgia;
- The issue of official delegations will be decided on a case-to-case basis.